Lyon County State Bank
VISA 2017 ICBA BANCARD PIECE OF CAKE SWEEPSTAKES
1) NO PURCHASE, CREDIT CARD, OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE ENTRIES AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
2) ELIGIBILITY: The Visa 2017 ICBA Bancard Piece of Cake Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of 8/1/17 and who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia. Commercial card eligibility is subject to employer policies regarding Sweepstakes participation. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees of Visa Inc., Visa U.S.A. Inc. (“Sponsor”), Visa International Service Association, Independent Community Bankers of America (“ICBA Bancard”), ICBA Services Network, and their respective successors, prize suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, Wire Stone LLC, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, “Releasees”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to play or win. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Promotion. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Promotion.
3) TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM PT on 8/1/17 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on 9/30/17 (“Promotion Period”). One (1) Grand Prize, five (5) First Prizes, and twelve (12) Second Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received and combined during the Promotional Period.
4) TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes: 1) Automatic Entry: An eligible ICBA Bancard Visa credit cardholder with an eligible Visa credit card issued by a participating ICBA Bancard member financial institution will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eligible Visa credit card purchase made during the Promotion Period at a participating merchant location in the United States. Certain restrictions may apply. Only eligible Visa purchases or payments made with a Visa credit card that is not in default under the customer agreement for that account and issued by a participating ICBA Bancard member financial institution in the U.S., processed through Visa U.S.A. Inc.’s transaction-processing system during the Promotion Period, are eligible for automatic entry. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Account adjustment transactions/returns, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar purchases, Interlink®-processed transactions, purchases authorized by entering a PIN (personal identification number), payment of late fees or over-limit fees, and Visa health and benefit cards are excluded from automatic entry. Other restrictions may apply. Visa cards or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM PT on 9/30/17, in order to be eligible. For a list of participating ICBA Bancard member financial institutions visit www.visapieceofcake.com. 2) To enter by U.S. Mail without making a purchase: Hand-print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code) on a 3.5″ x 5″ card, and mail, in a #10 envelope with postage affixed, to: Visa 2017 ICBA Bancard Piece of Cake Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 918, Plainview, NY 11803-0918. Each mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry into the drawing. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 9/30/17, and received by 10/6/17 in order to be eligible. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mail-in entry must be mailed in a separate, postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage-due or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
5) DETERMINATION OF WINNER: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about 10/14/17, from among all eligible automatic and mail-in entries received and combined. The random drawing will be conducted under the supervision of Wire Stone LLC (“Judge”), an independent judging organization. Judges’ and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by overnight or U.S. Mail and/or telephone or email on or about 10/21/17. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a publicity release where legal, and federal and state tax releases and return these documents, properly executed, via fax, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification and via U.S. Mail within seven (7) days of date of issuance of notification. First and Second Prize winners will be required to verify their mailing address within forty-eight (48) hours of email notification prior to issuance of prize. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules; Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period; or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winners’ disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of a prize. Limit one (1) prize per person.
6) ODDS: Estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:6,943,357. Estimated odds of winning a First Prize are 1:1,388,671. Estimated odds of winning a Second Prize are 1:578,613. The actual odds of winning any prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
7) PRIZE DESCRIPTION: One (1) Grand Prize: $10,000 awarded in the form of a check, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $10,000. Five (5) First Prizes: $500 Visa gift card, ARV $500 each. Twelve (12) Second Prizes: $100 Visa gift card, ARV $100 each. Total ARV of all prizes $13,700.
No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfer of a prize is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion, except as otherwise provided herein. All federal, state, and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize may not be transferred or substituted except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a winner is at least 18 years of age but still considered a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
8) CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding. By accepting a prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or any party designated by the Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of a prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
9) GENERAL: Sponsor will collect information from the entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify the winner. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes or winner notification as applicable, nor attempt to contact entrant, unless entrant has agreed to receive further information on Sponsor’s products and promotions. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries or transactions; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award the prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes.
10) DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of California.
11) WINNER LIST: To obtain the name of the winner, available after 10/31/17, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by 10/31/17, to: Visa 2017 ICBA Bancard Piece of Cake Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
12) SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999. Administrator: Wire Stone LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 108W, Melville, NY 11747.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE, CREDIT CARD, OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. No entrant has yet won. One (1) Grand Prize: $10,000 awarded in the form of a check, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $10,000. Five (5) First Prizes: $500 Visa gift card, ARV $500 each. Twelve (12) Second Prizes: $100 Visa gift card, ARV $100 each. Total ARV of all prizes $13,700. Estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:6,943,357. Estimated odds of winning a First Prize are 1:1,388,671. Estimated odds of winning a Second Prize are 1:578,613. The actual odds of winning any prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Automatic entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on 9/30/17, in order to be eligible. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 9/30/17 and received by 10/6/17 in order to be eligible. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00AM PT on 8/1/17 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on 9/30/17. See Official Rules above for complete details, including prize restrictions. Sponsored by Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999.