Lyon County State Bank
Please consider the following basic security tips whenever you use an ATM:
- Have your ATM or Debit Card ready to use when you reach the ATM.
- If you are not very familiar with ATM usage, use machines close to or inside a financial institution until you become more familiar and can conduct your transactions quickly.
- If you must use an ATM in an isolated area, take someone else with you. Have them watch from the vehicle while you conduct the transaction.
- Do not use ATMs at night unless the area is well-lighted. If the lights are out, go to a different location.
- If someone else is using the machine, stand back or stay in your vehicle until the machine is free.
- Watch for suspicious people near the ATM, especially during times that few people are around.
- When using the machine, stand so that you block anyone else’s view from behind you.
- If anything suspicious occurs when you are using an ATM, cancel what you are doing and leave immediately.
- Do not stand at the ATM counting cash. Check that you received the right amount when you are in a secure place, reconciling it to your ATM receipt.
- Keep your receipt and verify the transaction on your account statement. If you find errors, report them immediately.
- Do not leave your receipts at the ATM.